The Chaplet of the Child Jesus
This chaplet consists of 8 mystery medals and 1 beginning medal with 3 beads between each.
On the beginning medal say: "Adored and glorified
be the Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, forever and ever. Divine
Infant Jesus, I adore Thy Cross and I accept all the crosses Thou wilt be pleased
to send me. Adorable Trinity, I offer Thee for the glory of Thy Holy Name of
God, all the adorations of the Sacred Heart of the Holy Infant Jesus."
Add an Our Father to thank the Holy Trinity for sending Christ, the second Person of the Trinity, to save us.
There are two beads from the beginning medal to the
Say one Glory Be on each to honor the 2 natures in Christ, fully Divine and fully human.
Before each mystery say: "And the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us."
On the mystery medals: "Hail savior of the World! Come Lord Jesus!"
On each bead, one Hail Mary.
1. The Annunciation, the Angel Gabriel greets Mary and obtains her fiat (total consent) to be the mother of God-made-man. Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a Son and His name shall be called Emmanuel. IS 7:14
2. The Visitation, Mary greets Elizabeth. From His virgin
mothers womb, Christ sanctifies John, also still in his mother Elizabeths
womb. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came to be
a witness, to give testimony to the Light, that all men might believe through
him. John 1:6-7 The voice of one crying in the desert: Prepare ye the way of
the Lord. Is 36:3
For I say to you: Amongst those that are born of woman, there is not a greater prophet than John The Baptist. Luke 7:28
3. The Nativity Emmerich writes that at His birth, Christ passed through the most pure Virgin as light passes through a window. And she shall bring forth a Son: and you shall call His Name Jesus. For He shall save His people from their sins. Matt 1:21 He that sees Me, sees the Father. John 14:9,
4. The Presentation, they carried Him to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord: As it is written in the law of the Lord: Every male opening the womb shall be called holy to the Lord. Luke 2:22-23 My eyes have seen Thy salvation, which you have prepared before the face of all peoples. Luke 2:30-31
5. Adoration of the Magi, their gifts honored Christ as God, King of the world and sacrifice for our salvation. And entering into the house, they found the Child with Mary His mother and falling down they adored Him; and opening their treasures they offered Him gifts; gold, frankincense and myrrh. Matt 2:11 And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (we saw His glory, the glory as it were , of the Only Begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
6. The Flight into Egypt After the wise men were departed, behold an angel of the Lord appeared in sleep to Joseph saying: Arise and take the Child and His mother and fly into Egypt: and stay there until I tell thee. For it will come to pass that Herod will seek the Child to destroy Him. He arose and took the Child and his mother by night, and retired into Egypt: and he was there until the death of Herod: That it might be fulfilled which the Lord spoke by the prophet, saying out of Egypt have I called My Son. Matt 2:13-15
7. The Hidden Childhood in Nazareth and coming (back) he dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was said by the prophets: That He shall be called a Nazarene. Matt 2:23 And the Child grew and waxed strong, full of wisdom, and the grace of God was in Him. Luke2:40
8. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple and it came to pass that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, hearing them and asking them questions. And all that heard Him were astonished at His wisdom and His answers. Luke2:46-47 And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him; The spirit of understanding, the spirit of counsel and of fortitude, and spirit of godliness. And He shall be filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord. IS 11:2-3
At the end of the Chaplet, say: "Holy Infant Jesus, bless and protect us."